For four weeks, the American Diabetes Association dedicates itself to educating the public about the disease that affects one in eleven Americans – 29 million people – and how we can protect ourselves and those we love.
Diabetes, when left unmanaged, is responsible for blindness, nerve damage, and kidney disease, but healthy eating habits and regular exercise can greatly reduce the likelihood of developing Type II diabetes.
What can you do to get involved in National Diabetes Month?
- Help spread the word about prevention through healthy habits
- Encourage your friends and family to routinely see their doctor for check ups
- Speak up about the impact of this disease on our community, and lead the charge for a healthier lifestyle in your circles
The American Diabetes Association has made it easy for you to spread the word with these handy links:
- Add information about preventing type 2 diabetes to your newsletter.
- Tweet about American Diabetes Month.
- Host a community event where families can be active while learning about local health resources.
- Add this Web badge to your website.
- Join the American Diabetes Association in celebrating American Diabetes Month.
Thanks for your help!